VAST Data is seeking a full time Mfg Product Engineer [PE] to help establish manufacturing assembly process and product quality metrics, while partnering with Engineering, Product Management and external Suppliers. The PE will also need to have Engineering Change and product data (BOM) management experience, with an emphasis on electrical/mechanical, plastic and packaging design.
Responsibilities for this role are:
· Establish part numbering schema (inclusive of commodity codes and version/revision format) and appropriate BOM structures for product lines.
· Provide manufacturing input into electrical/mechanical design and monitoring factory product quality
· Govern and control change orders and related documentation to meet customer and internal quality standards
· Manufacturer’s PCN execution and coordination, provide analysis and qualification resources.
· Interface/engage with R&D Engineering, Product Management, Service Ops and CM Partners.
· Improve manufacturing operations processes and actively enhance efficiency, consistency, cost avoidance, and customer satisfaction.
· Drive the NPI evaluation and enhancement of the engineering design verification process with the goal of releasing zero design defects to production.
· Manage release of New Products and manage technical changes to existing products through BOM management, ECO and deviation processes.
· Assist in early prototype testing and troubleshooting/debug to find root cause failures and drive back fixes to engineering or contract manufacturer.
· Debug complex system level problems and drive root cause analysis.
· Product Change Notification management and qualification
· Develop manufacturing process and best practice documentation.
Qualifications for this role are:
· 10+ years as a Manufacturing /Quality Engineering and related experience.
· B.S. Engineering (M.S. preferred)
· EC Analyst or Document Control or Configuration Analyst professional
· Experience working in the data storage (preferred) or high tech industry
· Experience working at a large OEM/ODM and EMS corporation is a plus
· Experience working with Arena or Agile PDM & ERP systems are a plus
· Detail oriented, analytical, process savvy, and customer focused yet flexible and adaptable to business needs
· New Product Introduction and Product Life Cycle Management process knowledge
· Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment with minimal direction
· Experience working cross-functionally in teams
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced changing business environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Adaptable - undertake a variety of tasks willingly. Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required.
· Decisive - ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options.
· Integrity - act with personal integrity at all times.
· Professional - Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution. Have a positive can-do approach to work.
Location: CaliforniaApply Now