We are looking to establish a foundation for a dedicated product management function within VAST, and are looking for individual contributors who can grow this practice throughout the rapid growth that VAST Data is experiencing.
VAST’s Sr. Director of Product Management will be expected to help shape VAST’s product and market strategy by organizing the requirements of customers and establishing priorities that balance deal centric requirements with market centric requirements and distinctive product capabilities. As this role is foundational – it encompasses every aspect of product management and product planning that should be found in a storage startup. The role will own all aspects of the product, ranging from capability to UX/UI to HW to pricing, etc. This role is also very customer-centric, where all of the user stories will be informed through close collaboration with forward-thinking customers and application partners.
Areas of responsibility for this role include.
• 5-10 years of experience in product management working directly with customers
• Deep technical understanding of file systems, storage controllers, storage hardware
• Deep technical understanding of data-intensive applications that consume vast amounts of unstructured data storage
• Deep understanding of scalable systems
• Technical understanding of storage requirements for virtualization systems and modern container frameworks
• A proven track record of being customer-facing and sales-enabling
• A proven history of defining and refining an early stage product that becomes either a category creator or a market leading product
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Flexibility working in a startup that’s continually punching above its weight
• A proven ability to work collaboratively across time zones and countries
• Ideally located in NYC, however remote candidates will be considered
Location: Greater NYC AreaApply Now