The essential responsibilities of the Channel Sales Manager are to work directly with channel partners and distribution to develop sales opportunities, and to work effectively across functions with other VAST Data employees to build unity with our channel partners: You will demonstrate leadership and initiative, provide mentorship and management oversight to the partner sales teams (community) to help them drive their sales strategy and goal attainment.
· Use relationship management techniques to be identify and recruit new VAST partners and develop joint selling opportunities
· Work closely with Channel Sales Director on development and execution of a sales strategy for your territory, in line with overall VAST channel GTM
· Participate in strategy building sessions with channel partners and VAST Data sales management team on a quarterly and annual basis
· Plan and direct channel activities including, sales and pre-sales training and events and enablement, marketing awareness programs, collateral development
· Schedule and attend sales call appointments with a prospect in partner organization.
· Craft sales team alignment between partners and VAST Data account teams within the territory
· Establish short-term and long-term goals and quotas in line with corporate objectives.
· Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
· Identify needed resources for supporting in territory sales strategy.
· Collaborate with the field marketing organization to plan, deliver and lead an effective communication and demand generation campaign for each focus partner
· Attend partner industry sales conferences, SKO's and trade shows
· Develop Partner business plans including sales strategies, marketing activities and account mapping for specified channel partners.
· Develop ‘go to’ partner roster for each VAST Data sales team in your territory
· Use Social media to bi-directionally promote and drive the VAST Data and channel partnerships, goals and objectives
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills
· Fluency in German and English essential
· Experience working in Storage is preferred
· DACH/Northern European experience is a plus
· Ability to work collectively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development
· A strong understanding of the sales process and Channel Sales