The essential responsibilities of the Channel Sales Manager are to work directly with partners to develop sales opportunities, and to work effectively across functions with other VAST Data employees to build unity with VAST Data channel partners: You will demonstrate leadership and initiative, provide mentorship and management oversight to the VAST Data and partner sales teams to help them drive their sales strategy and goal attainment.
• Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities with partners
• Work closely with sales management on development and execution of a sales strategy; stick to available resources and district sales objectives
• Participate in strategy building sessions with channel partners and VAST Data sales management team on a quarterly and annual basis
• Plan and direct channel activities including implementing forecasts, marketing program development, relationship development, customer happiness and collateral material development and distribution
• Schedule and attend sales call appointments with a prospect in partner organization.
• Craft sales team alignment between partners and VAST Data account teams within the territory
• Establish short-term and long-term goals and quotas in line with corporate objectives.
• Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
• Identify needed resources for supporting sales strategy and develop a proposed budget for management review
• Collaborate with the field marketing organization to plan, deliver and lead an effective communication and demand generation campaign for each focus partner
• Identify VAST Data customer references that can be utilized when reference selling
• Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on their business need
• Develop ‘go to’ partner roster for each VAST Data sales team in your territory
• Use Social media to bi-directionally promote and drive the VAST Data and channel partnerships, goals and objectives
Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills
• Ability to work collectively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development
• A strong understanding of the sales process and Channel Sales
• Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques
• An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions tackle business problems
• Can own account responsibility or work on a team
• Can develop a budget to support the enablement, marketing and promotion of the partner business plans
. EMEA expereicne is required, International would be a plus
Seniority: SeniorApply Now