In 2016, we started VAST with a singular vision of simplifying every aspect of data storage, management and processing. By bringing real invention to the table that could ‘defy gravity’, we realized we weren’t just creating a category killer…but a broad ambition was also forming that we hope will result in a killer of categories in the future. Innovation is core to our mission, and we believe that the markets we’re playing in are so entrenched in tradeoffs and so accepting of conventional wisdom that there is only a massive opportunity for a nimble and inventive challenger to upend the status quo and build both a gravity defying product and business success story that entirely transforms the data infrastructure industry.
Today, we are pleased to share that for the first time VAST Data has been recognized in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage. VAST Data has been recognized as a Challenger in this report.
How did we do this?
- Deliver outsized value to customers and take them to an utterly simple end state.
- Up to 100x faster application run times (read the Forbes article on VAST customer Invitae)
- 75% less acquisition cost than leading alternatives (check out our TCO calculator)
- Recommended by 100% of VAST customers (check out Gartner® Peer Insights™)
- Up to 90% lower power, guaranteed lowest vs any alternative (VAST Sustainability Report)
- Solid execution of a plan built on a vision that is both anchored on the future of computing as well as pragmatic in terms of its potential to be executed upon. Rome was not built in a day, and while we’ve been moving at an unprecedented pace – we’ve also consciously placed a series of incremental bets that create a flywheel effect on our business:
- We create game changing innovation that fuels unprecedented market adoption
- Our unprecedented market adoption pays for our innovation engine
- Innovation creates demand for new capabilities and enhanced demand for existing products
- And the flywheel spins as our business grows
In our opinion, maybe the most important aspect of this recognition is how all of the effort measured in the 2022 Magic Quadrant is from a time period from May 2021 through April 2022. Our flywheel keeps spinning, and while we grow we still have so many advantages we plan to bring to the table in the form of new partners, new cloud investments and whole new product dimensions that we’re working hard to align to meet our customer needs.
To learn more about VAST Data, sign up for our newsletter below or request a demo here.
*Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage”, October 19, 2022.
GARTNER, MAGIC QUADRANT and PEER INSIGHTS are registered trademarks and service marks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Gartner Peer Insights content consists of the opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences with the vendors listed on the platform, should not be construed as statements of fact, nor do they represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.